Protect DACA/Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
NJ won’t stand to lose $1.6 BILLION
GOAL: Get in touch with elected officials and legislators to resist efforts that eliminate vital programs like DACA, which protects over 800,000 undocumented youth and, if repealed, could cost states billions of dollars.
DEADLINE: Friday, August 4th
My name is ______ in zip _____________/_________ county. I am calling US Representative/Senator _____, to ask him/her to protect DACA. New Jersey stands to lose $1.6 Billion in our state GDP, and this would affect the lives of 22,024 DACA recipients and 19,161 DACA workers.
Call them today at 202-224-3121
- DACA granted many young immigrants work authorization and a reprieve from deportation.
- The DACA initiative has resulted in big economic gains.
- DACA increased recipients’ average hourly wages 42%, and many moved into jobs with better pay and working conditions.
- A further 6% started their own businesses.
- With better jobs and higher wages, many individuals are buying cars and homes, leading to more state and local revenue in the form of property and sales taxes.
- Ending DACA and kicking recipients out of the labor force would cost the United States $433.4 billion in GDP and decrease Social Security and Medicare contributions by $24.6 billion over the next decade.
Please share this post, we need all the help we can get on this one!