Take back the House! Organizing for NJ’s 2018 Congressional Races: Adopt A District
Join ATNJ’s Adopt-A-District Champions! We will take back the House in the 2018 midterm elections with your help.
ATNJ is now organizing for NJ’s 2018 Congressional races! Join us as we work to take back the House by flipping Congressional districts 2, 3, 4, 7, and 11 and also by protecting district 5.
Even if you are already in that congressional district, SIGN UP and join a team. We need researchers, writers, graphic makers, tweeters, social media help, people to connect volunteers to opportunities, macro and micro managers and planners, list makers, organizers, sympathizers, out-of-the-box thinkers, do-ers. **We will work across organizations in the state and out of the state. And this requires a massive organizing effort. We need your help. If your district is safe (Sires, Norcross, Pallone, Coleman, etc…) then help us FLIP these 5 and DEFEND Rep Gottheimner’s.
“We” means groups of people who have stepped up to volunteer. We will organize into groups and there will be team leaders who help. It will follow the snowflake (how ironic!) model of organization.
Join us as we take back the House:
Flip NJ2 | Flip NJ3 | Flip NJ4 | Defend NJ5 | Flip NJ7 | Flip NJ11
Some activities will be:
Virtual from their home (writing a Letter to the Editor with key points that we will provide, calling people who signed up to volunteer and connecting them to groups and/or volunteering opportunities, tweeting on twitter which we will help you learn how to tweet, sharing social media posts which we will provide).
- Creating infographics, white paper, events on Eventbrite.
- Sharing alerts of events, town halls, votes.
- Researching the GOP incumbent’s voting record and provide talking points and messaging.
- Holding bake sales or garage sales for fundraising.
- Hosting a meet and greet for small group fundraiser in your home.
- Hosting a meet up at a library, restaurant, VFW, labor union hall.
- Composing sample Letters to the Editor and providing key points for people.
- Finding local newspaper addresses to submit Letters to the Editor.
- Helping people set up their Twitter accounts and social media accounts.
Note that we are a progressive Democratic group that is a 501(c)4 non-profit. We will support Democratic candidates only.
Sign up today to take back the House in New Jersey!