Tell the NJ Assembly to reject A3116! Don’t relax rules for DuPont/Chemours toxic waste dumping!
GOAL: Defeat A3116/S879 in the NJ Assembly!
DEADLINE: This week/ASAP; the Senate companion bill already passed!
ACTION: Email & call Assembly representatives! You can find them using this link:
SAMPLE EMAIL/SCRIPT: “Dear ______, Please vote NO on Assembly bill A3116. It would redefine hazardous waste facilities to allow dumping in New Jersey by DuPont/Chemours again. They have done billions of dollars in damage to our state already. New Jersey residents want tough environmental regulations and offenders held responsible. We do not want to bear the financial, environmental and public health impacts of any more toxic waste. Vote NO on A3116. Thank you.”
REASON: Public pressure works! Tell the NJ Assembly to reject A3116 and to uphold the regulations that prohibit toxic waste dumping.
To learn more about A3116/S879 and about DuPont’s prior offenses, feel free to visit:
1. The bill text for A3116: http://
2. Insider NJ article on this: https://tinyurl.com/
3. Delaware RiverKeeper Call to Action page:https://tinyurl.com/
4. Feb. 27 Senate vote approving the companion bill: https://tinyurl.com/
5. Toxic Secrets: story on DuPont pollution in Pompton Lakes: https://tinyurl.com/
6. More on DuPont/Chemours pollution impacts:https://tinyurl.com/
7. A 2016 lawsuit alleges more than $1 billion in DuPont/Chemours waste cleanup needed; 1,000 year turnaround estimated: https://tinyurl.com/