CD-11, Block the Deportation Budget!
GOAL: Urge Rep. Frelinghuysen to use his power, as Chair of the House Appropriations Committee, to block all funding for the President’s Deportation Agenda that will dramatically expand the deportation and detention of immigrants.
DEADLINE: Today, June 9 (Hearing is TODAY!)
OPTION 2: Call Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (Chair, R-NJ) – Tel. (202) 225-5034
SCRIPT: “My name is [your name] in [ZIP code] calling as a constituent of Rep. Frelinghuysen. The President’s FY18 proposed budget that the House DHS Appropriations Subcommittee will be debating today will use OUR tax dollars to fund a dramatic expansion of the deportation and detention of immigrants. I am asking for Rep. Frelinghuysen, as Chair of the House Appropriations Committee, to block all funding for the President’s Deportation Agenda.”
– No resources should be used for breaking families apart. Zero. Block all deportation dollars. Stop Trump’s deportation force.
– Fund what our communities really need – money for infrastructure, for education, for affordable housing – not to instill terror and take parents away from their children.
– Trump wants to hire thousands of new ICE officers to break families apart. We oppose the creation of a new Deportation Force, and will fight against it.
– Private detention facilities and detention expansion must be stopped. Private companies should not profit off detention or incarceration of immigrants, black people, and people of color.
– All members of Congress should stand with immigrants and our families to oppose the President’s budget as a whole. Period.
* From our allies at Make the Road New Jersey