Will you join us August 14-18, 2017 for a week of action to block the deportation budget?
RSVP here: http://tinyurl.com/CD11shifts
We really need people to show up on Monday to kick it off strong!! We really need places or institutions to host our vigil participants – there are 30 of them. If anyone is available to help house them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!
- Monday August 14th: 11am Kickoff Rally to Block the Deportation Budget with Wind of the Spirit and dozens of immigrant rights organizations.
- Tuesday August 15th: 11am: community canvass to engage NJ-11 voters // 4pm: DACA anniversary action: Save DACA, #Not1Dollar for Deportation
- Wednesday August 16th: 11am: Building the People’s Budget – Report Release
- Thursday August 17th: 11am: Backers of Hate – we will take our fight to JP Morgan Chase Bank, a key financier of the deportation machine
- Friday August 18th: 11am: Arms around Frelinghuysen rally with NJ 11th for Change
**OVERNIGHT VIGILS HELD NIGHTLY STARTING AT 7PM**
All events will be held at Rep. Frelinghuysen’s office at 30 Schuyler Place, Morristown, NJ unless otherwise indicated
For more information and to RSVP, click here: http://tinyurl.com/CD11shifts
The 2018 budget sets aside $4.5 billion to detain and deport millions of immigrants, hire thousands of new ICE agents, build new private immigration jails, and build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico. This will cost us $434 billion in GDP lost nationwide. (Source: http://tinyurl.com/yd4p6rum ) In NJ, if we are counting DACA recipients alone, it will cost us almost $1.6 billion in NJ’s GDP. (Source: http://tinyurl.com/y9657rqf)
In New Jersey’s 11th District, Congressman Rodney Frelinghuysen (NJ-11) has a key role in determining the budget as chair of the House Appropriations committee. Votes are expected in September.