How about some good news?
It is with great pleasure that we announce Rachel Green joining our group as the new Civil Rights Director. This important position required as much time as it took to find the right person and we’re so thrilled to have Rachel stepping up to help our efforts.
Rachel C. Green is a resident of Deptford Township, New Jersey for over 30 years and resides with her husband Franklin Green honored to be the mother of two fabulous children; Alexandra and Alston. Her family moved to Deptford in the late 70’s, later when Rachel married her husband they choose to raise their family in Deptford. For several years Rachel has been the architect along with her fellow board members, administration and district staff of many wonderful programs and savings for the Deptford Township School District and the community.
- Member of the SNJ Black Political Caucus
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women-Southern New Jersey
- Action Together Gloucester County
- New Jersey School Board Certified Board Member
- New Jersey School Board State Executive member-Alternate
- Delegate for Deptford Board of Education Delegate Assembly
- Gloucester County NAACP Image Award in the area of Education 2010
- SJ African American Chamber of Commerce President’s Award 2014
- Member Deptford Twp Board of Education 2008-2014 and 2017-present (Served as President, Vice President, Chair of BOE Personnel, Finance, Curriculum Committees and Board Liaison to Light the Stadium Committee)
- President of Deptford Twp High School Alumni Association
- Appointed Deptford Township Planning Board Member
- Member of Gloucester County Board of Chosen Freeholder’s Tolerance Project and Parks and Recreation Committee
- Obama/Biden Deputy Field Director 2008 and Obama/Biden Director 2012
- Served as 1st Vice President Gloucester County NAACP and Executive Committee